Anytime I see a product with the word ‘protein’ in it, I cringe a little. And truthfully because a lot of stuff on the market with protein is kinda gross. The products usually have a chalky texture (texture is huge for me) and they don’t taste good. Not these though. I tried this Flourish protein pancake mix almost a year ago and it’s the best protein packaged pancake/waffle mix I’ve ever had! So in honour of #nationalblueberrypancakeday I made blueberry cinnamon protein pancakes!
Here’s what you need to make my Blueberry Cinnamon Protein Pancakes:
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup Flourish Protein Buttermilk Pancake/ Waffle Mix
- 1/2 cup to 2 cup milk / nut milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- Handful of blueberries
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Handful of chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp organic maple syrup
How to make my Blueberry Cinnamon Protein Pancakes:
- Add 1 cup of Flourish Protein Buttermilk Pancake/ Waffle Mix to a medium sized mixing bowl (I doubled the recommended serving for fluffier, fuller pancakes).
- Next add a little less than 1 cup of milk/ nut milk to the mix (the thicker the batter, the fluffier the pancakes)
- Add 1 tsp of cinnamon to the mixture and whisk together. *I added more but you can add what you like.
- In a pan over low-medium heat spray coconut or avocado oil and ladle or spoon a palm size of batter onto pan. Wait a minute or two and add your blueberries.
- Once you see the pancake start to bubble, flip the pancake and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Repeat with rest of mixture and stack your pancakes.
- Lastly, garnish your blueberry cinnamon protein pancakes with some more blueberries, a few chopped walnuts, finish with your organic maple syrup & enjoy!
These are soooo easy to make, have clean ingredients and are protein packed!
Not a fan of blueberries? Add in another fruit of your choice, or add chocolate chips like I did with these! Have fun with these and make them your way! Grab this mix online or Costco and thank me later! You won’t have any other pancake/ waffle mix ever again!
Want more recipes like this!? Leave me a comment below and let me know!