If you follow me on Instagram, you’ll know that I’ve been having a lot of fun with food lately. In the last couple of years I have fallen in love with trying new recipes and making new things. When I saw this Vegan Carrot Cake Banana Bread on Rachel Mansfield’s Instagram, I knew I needed to make it but that I would make it non-vegan because I want the cream cheese. If you’re looking for the vegan recipe, make sure to check her Instagram. I made a few modifications: I didn’t have oat flour so I used almond flour instead. I used an egg and I used light cream cheese because it was the the only one with the least amount of ingredients I could actually pronounce.
Here’s what you need to make this Carrot Cake Banana Bread with Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups of almond flour- you can also use oat flour
- 1/2 cup gluten free oats or quick oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup organic shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (add in raisins too if you want!)
Cream cheese frosting:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to make this Carrot Cake Banana Bread with Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a loaf pan with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, mix together mashed banana, coconut sugar, milk, egg and vanilla until smooth
- Mix in the oat/almond flour, oats, baking powder and spices until well combined
- Fold in carrots and nuts then add to bread dish and bake in oven for 50 mins. Rachels recipe calls for 40-42 minutes but I found that it needed more time
- While the bread is baking, make the cream cheese frosting by creaming together the cream cheese, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla with hand mixer
- Spread the frosting on the carrot cake when it is cool and add chopped walnuts over top
- Slice and enjoy!
- **All of this is pulled from her recipe. I modified the ingredients to what I used**
This was soooooooo good and if I can be honest, It felt more like cake than bread but nonetheless, so good! Im going to make it again and make it my way and leave out the banana and maybe add in a few more things! Stay tuned!
Happy National Carrot Cake Day!